Last night was the FULL MOON, BLOOD MOON, HARVEST MOON, SUPER MOON…and I didn’t even try to look for it…well I did right before I went to bed, but it was way before the Eclipse and the clouds were out. But after a weekend full of events…I was just tired to wait up.
I got to thinking last night…I seem to have this need to be perfect all the time, and I’ve proven to myself each time that the worry and stress that I generate from this “need” only makes me even more unhappy. So I made a list of:
8 Things to Let Go of…at Any Moon Phase.
1. Being Perfectly Perfect. Yeah, that doesn’t exist. I’ve been the victim of my own perfectionistic expectations and I’ve got to say…it doesn’t feel good. For example, I wanted to write last night about the Blood Moon when the Blood Moon was happening, I felt like I needed to…needed to have a perfect blog with aligning it with the perfect moon phase and yada yada yada. But life happens and you get tired. And that’s okay. So sleep when you need to and let the worries of perfection drift away.
2. Self Limiting Beliefs. All the time you spend not believing in yourself and making up excuses as to why you “can’t” do something…is time spent that you could be spending on whatever it is you wanted to do in the first place. No more excuses…do it! It may take time and effort (and money)…but NOTHING is impossible, except a genie in a bottle granting you a wish for having a particular person fall in love with you…Haha.
3. The What Ifs. This is a death sentence thought process. Do not let the what ifs get in your head. You can’t possibly be missing anything because RIGHT NOW is only RIGHT NOW. The whole “what would life be like right now if I would have, could have, should have?” nonsense is null. You are exactly where you need to be right now…and if you aren’t happy with the situation you are in right now…GET OUT.
4. Clutter City. Get rid of it. Get rid of the junk in your house. Get rid of the junk thoughts in your head. Make your very own oasis at your house…and get rid of the junk you don’t use and don’t need. Go room by room and do a make over. You’ll feel better once you do it. Strange as it may be…having a clutter free house really does brighten up your mood.
5. Guilt. Stop feeling guilty. Don’t feel guilty if the dishes need to be done but you didn’t have time to do them. They will get done. Don’t feel guilty because you wanted a candy bar and didn’t want to share with your kids…you deserve candy too. And if something happened…it happened. You can’t change the past so move on. Stop worrying or feeling guilty…learn from it and move on.
6. Anger and Resentment. Can I get an amen? Let go of anger…it leads to resentment and NOONE wants to habor that feeling…whether you are the one doing the resenting or receiving it. Look again at what you are angry about and ask yourself….”but did I die?” And if the answer is no…learn to change it or accept it. Don’t be angry about it. Change it or change your thoughts.
7. The Three C’s: Comparison, Competition, and Consent. What you need to work on is yourself and what makes yourself happy. Don’t you dare compare yourself to anyone else…give yourself credit for being who you are…accentuate your best you! Stop competing…And whatever you do…don’t try to keep up with the Joneses…it’s just tacky. Lastly, don’t give ANYONE the consent to make yourself feel less worthy. No one should be given that power…because you are worth it!
8. Judgement. Instictually we want to judge…in fact we do it even when we aren’t realizing it…Literally within a few seconds of meeting someone we are already judging them and ourselves…even comparing ourselves to them. That instinct may not really ever go away, but when you find yourself judging or comparing stop for a second and find compassion and understanding. You can only vouch for yourself…and what does it matter if someone else does things differently than you? It doesn’t matter. What matters is how you spend your time and thoughts.
If I ever question anything…my last question is always “But did you die?” And if the answer is no…then I learn to accept it or change it. Period. The end. Amen.
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. You can do any of these at any moon phase…there is no special moon phase for creating space for happiness and moonlight into your life. If you want to make “letting go” special for a particular thing…then plan for a “release party” at the full moon…and let it go then!!