This is a good one! Live your truth! By your own terms!
#headstand #headstandvariation #baddhakonasana #sirasana
#igyogachallenge #instayogi #yogalove #myyoga #yogafamily #yogagirl #yogachallenge #igyogafamily #igyoga #instayoga #happyyogi #myyogalife
HAPPY FULL MOOOOOON!!!
Love & Moonlight,
Tonight there will be a Full Moon in Leo.
I felt this one coming. I felt the intense build up to this point. Lately I’ve been making peace. Finding grace. Giving grace. I’ve felt a shift in the people around me, felt the shift within me. Practiced silence. Fell in love with the word considerate. Felt my body, mind, and soul plant firmly into the ground. Became grounded.
Fell in love with Ganesha. Practiced Jivamukti. Felt a connection.
Tonight…with the FULL MOON in Leo…think back to your new moon intention. Here was mine. Looking back I have really honored myself. I have felt a great shift in myself. I’ve been practicing yoga more, being mindful of those around me, staying open, giving grace. GIVING GRACE has been my greatest accomplishment thus far this year.
Leo may send you some extra playfulness and creativity your way. Use that to your advantage. If you are feeling super inspired to CREATE and be CREATIVE…make it a FULL MOON ritual. Block off time for yourself…at least 30 minutes to do a ritual FOR YOURSELF. Here are a few examples:
- Meditate. Believe it or not…this will set you free. It is proven to reduce stress. Above is a video of a morning yoga meditation I did last Sunday. For my meditation I performed a Ganesha Mudra. Ganesha is a Hindu God…a deity. Best known as the remover of obstacles. He is depicted with an elephant head. A Mudra is a hand gesture that seals or marks an intention…the Ganesha Mudra is practiced to remove obstacles from your path…be it something as simple as removing an unwanted feeling that is holding you down. Let go of those feelings that pin you down. Remove them from your life and set yourself free. Move yourself.
- Start a diary. This is another proven way to reduce stress. It is also fun to reflect on paper and then look back at it. Given that MERCURY IS STILL IN RETROGRADE until Monday…now is truly a time to just reflect. No big decisions need to be made. Just jot down how you feel. Write your life. It is yours.
- Burning ritual. My ALL TIME favorite. Tonight if you feel like you need to let go of some feelings…write them on a piece of paper and burn them. Remember…Mercury is still in retrograde…so just release some feelings that have built up…burn them and feel relief. No big decisions need to be made…just reflect. (Be safe…if you don’t know how to work with a safe fire…don’t try this.)
That is it I suppose…I plan on meditating and doing a burning ritual tonight!!
Love & Moonlight,
Okay okay…It’s pretty clear I’m not a food stylist! haha. Check out my blueberry torte…and its whipped cream moon! hahaha uh…
Besides that my version is ugly… I’ll have you know, that this recipe is actually pretty tasty!
Blueberry Torte from Mom via Barbara Fallin (Family great aunt)
1 1/2 pack graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 TBSP milk
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup of chopped pecans
big tub of cool whip
can of blueberry pie filling
Look at this pic…I’m being lazy!
Just so you know…this was a childhood dessert my mom used to make ALL THE TIME! That and a “Melt in Your Mouth”…I’ll have to share that some other time!
HAPPY FULL MOON!!!
Love & Moonlight,
The Blueberry Full Moon is coming up this Saturday August 29th, 2015…and it happens to be a SUPER MOON! A Super moon typically happens 4-6 times per year and it’s when the moon is really close to the Earth. So this full moon should be a BIG ONE! Crossing my fingers that the night sky is clear!
In preparation for this months Blueberry full moon…here is a second recipe! Blueberry Frozen Yogurt inspired by THIS RECIPE!
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
1 small package of fresh blueberries (washed and then frozen over night)
Yogurt (eye ball it for smooth blending…can be plain or flavored…we tried vanilla)
Honey or Agave Nectar (a squeeze or two for sweetness)
Lemon juice (a squeeze for balance)
Blend it! haha.
Side note….I roughly went along with the recipe linked above. This was my version. I added some splashes of milk to get the blueberries to blend easily…but it turns out that if you don’t eat it right away then the yogurt gets kind of foamy…I think the milk did that. Also, if you don’t like textured food (bits of fruit) then you probably won’t like this recipe because it has a lot of blueberry bits. My oldest daughter wasn’t a fan of all the blueberries. Next time I’ll plan on using less blueberries and more yogurt per my girls request…and NO milk. Just yogurt, blueberries, agave, and a splash of lemon!
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. I have ONE more recipe from my mom that I’ll share ON the Blueberry Full Moon morning! (August 29th!!!)
August’s full moon is called the Blueberry Full Moon or the Sturgeon Full moon…a time when both are in season! In preparation for the upcoming Blueberry Full Moon on August 29th (the day before my birthday!!!) I want to share some blueberry dishes leading up. First up…my Grandma’s Blueberry Cobbler recipe from Alvin and Imogen Duke.
Blueberry Cobbler from Grandma via Alvin and Imogen Duke.
- 2 cups of Fruit (for this recipe we will be using blueberries.) If you want to make an apple cobbler you will need to add 1 tsp of cinnamon to the apples. If you want to use canned fruit use the liquid it comes in!
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
While you are making the dough bring the 3 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar to a boil until the sugar is dissolved for the sugar water. It might look like a lot of sugar water but you will use it all! Also go ahead and melt that stick of butter in a 9×13 dish in the oven.
To make the flour cut the shortening into the flour and then add the milk. Kneed the dough until it is smooth. Roll it into a rectangle.
Put the fruit on top of the dough and then roll it into a log. Cut into small circles about 1-2 inches thick. Place the cut circles flat into the melted buttered 9 x 13 dish and then add ALL OF THE SUGAR WATER. Yes, it looks like too much (might even make the circles float). But trust me…it makes a delicious blueberry goodness…you need all that sugar water.
Bake until brown around 55 minutes. Serve it WARM! That’s the best! Even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Love & Moonlight,
A NEW MOON is coming up on July 16th, 2015…
For the next Moon cycle we are going to focus on developing and writing a PERSONAL MANIFESTO…below you will find a description of a personal manifesto, along with, a supplies list and some prompt/warm up questions.
What is a PERSONAL MANIFESTO?
A personal manifesto is a written declaration of who you are, what you are all about, and who you want to be. It is a declaration to yourself and to the world…it is a promise to yourself to live the life YOU WANT.
In preparation for writing one I’ve come up with a list of supplies and some prompt/warm up questions to get you to start thinking. Start to answer the questions before the next new moon…don’t worry too much about grammar at this point….just answer the questions from your gut…as the moon is waning, try to cultivate a reflective state of mind. When the new moon gets here we are going to write our first draft of our personal manifesto. Keep in mind it will be a first draft…a personal manifesto is going to be rewritten, revised, and tweaked several times before you feel it just perfect.
Supplies List For your Personal Manifesto:
JOURNAL and a pen
Computer, if you prefer typing instead of writing.
And a candle if you want to set the mood!
Prompt/Warm Up Questions:
1. Imagine yourself and describe what you see. Really evaluate yourself…the good, the bad…the things you want to work on. Write this as long or as short as you want. Write it in paragraph format…but don’t get too caught up on grammar at this point. Just let it all out.
2. As you are still imagining yourself list the top 5 things that you absolutely LOVE about yourself. It can be one word…a sentence…or a couple of sentences for each one. If you have more than 5 or less than 5…that is okay too. 5 is a suggestion.
3. With the same frame of mind list 5 things you want to improve on in your life: The things you don’t like as much but want to change. Use the same format as question #2…but then add next to each item a suggestion on how to change it. Then think about how those things have positively shaped part of you.
4. List your top 5 heroes. They can be real people or fictitious characters. Beside each hero describe their personality and the things you like about them.
5. List the qualities that you have that are the same as your top 5 heroes. And then list the qualities you want to cultivate. The qualities can be from ANYTHING or ANYONE. List your ideas of good qualities in a person.
6. Describe the person you want to be RIGHT NOW. Right now in this moment…who do you want to be? Write it down.
7. Describe and write down how you want to be remembered. If you are a parent, a friend, a daughter, a son, a grandparent, a sister, a brother….how do you want your family and friends to describe you? Write it down.
8. List all the things you are waiting for. Are these things that you feel you need to have happen before you can “be happy”? If so, why? Write down what you think is holding you back. Now think about how that makes you feel. We are going to turn that around!
9. List any doubts you may have. Next to each describe why you have that doubt. Then next to that…write down what you could do about that doubt to make it go away.
10. Write the following quote by Pippi Longstocking TEN TIMES:
“I am the sea…and nobody owns me.”
Take the next 4 nights to answer these prompt/warm up questions…then on the 5th night, when the moon is new, we will begin writing the first draft of our personal manifesto!
Love & Moon Light,