Lotus Flow inspired. Everyday I find a new stretch..breathing deeper into each move. I find myself growing. Flowing. I am truly on the right path.
Love & Moonlight,
Oh yes…you first quarter moon phase. You are just in time for some change. As the moon sits right now…it is half full and in Capricorn. But Aquarius will be taking center stage in just a few short hours.
What does this mean? Well…today you may have felt the urge to work, work, work (thanks Capricorn)…maybe even set your emotions aside to get a job done. But alas…AQUARIUS is on it’s way….and Aquarius has some soul questions to ask tonight…
Tonight…as you get ready for bed….think about today. Think about what happened. Think about what you have been thinking about…AND THINK SOME MORE.
Tonight may be a good night to think about your options…think about a decision you have been putting off…or just reflect on what your new moon intention or goal was for this lunar cycle. Aquarius asks you….WHAT DOES FREEDOM MEAN TO YOU?
How do you define freedom? Like really? How do you define freedom? That is one of the hardest questions to answer….and often times I look for the answer….by way of signs…searches…questioning. Aquarius wants to know….what does freedom mean to you? If ANYBODY has a good answer….let me know! Comment…or send me a message…Because I want to know!
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. I am going to try and refrain from rechecking my grammar on this one…and I’m going to let my grammar mistakes HANG OUT THERE….because tonight…I’m just relaxing. Mmmmk. Bye.
P.S.S. See that dragonfly…um…symbolizing some change! MAKE A DECISION. Define your freedom! Thank you! Period. The End. Amen.
This was given to me by my mom as part of our Autumnal Equinox gift exchange this past September… I love it! This is a reminder to myself that TODAY marks the day that I signed up for monthly UNLIMITED yoga…I’ve taken classes here and there and in my home…but never signed up for an auto monthly subscription… Change is in pursuit. Excuses can fall by the wayside.
For this Autumnal Equinox build yourself a plant sanctuary in and around your home. This can be an ongoing and steady project…one that I have been working on for a while now…I find most of my plants at grocery stores and places like Home Depot. You can find some fairly cheap plants anywhere and they really do brighten up your life. I’m becoming obsessed with turning my home into a garden…and every corner I find joy in decorating with plants and adding charms and things around them. Take a look at what I have so far…and get inspired to make this your Autumn project!
Details. Add charms around your little plant sanctuaries…like tiny trees (these trees were made by my mom), bunnies, and butterflies.
Add iron wall decor that has plant elements to them for an extra dynamic to your plant sanctuary inside.
Use a side table to sit your plants on in front of a window…and put your plants in pots inside of pots to catch the water instead of a water plate. (I typically water my plants on Sunday…some I stretch out water times like cactus…read the care for each plant).
Make tiny little altars in your home surrounded by plants.
Bring light into your home. OPEN your windows!
The mantel isn’t completely done…but I’m working on it! I’m trying to add earthy elements like potted plants, tree branch candle holders, a wooden flower piece, and my favorite dragonfly picture from Katie. This one I’m still working on! (well the whole house really!)
Use store bought flowers to make inexpensive arrangements in your home. (These were left over from my little sisters second reception.)
Make little corners interesting with plants and if you can find one, get an earthy light fixture! I found this one at Home Decorators online.
Decorate your pots with charms like this sun!
Use old vintage decor to frame your plants. These were old relics from my childhood in Germany…they were made in the USSR.
Add bits of fun to your outside porches. Keep in mind that when it gets cold you’ll have to protect your plants!
Decorate your pots with stones that circle the plant.
And at the end of the day…light some candles and build you a stately castle.
Love & Moonlight,
Last night was the FULL MOON, BLOOD MOON, HARVEST MOON, SUPER MOON…and I didn’t even try to look for it…well I did right before I went to bed, but it was way before the Eclipse and the clouds were out. But after a weekend full of events…I was just tired to wait up.
I got to thinking last night…I seem to have this need to be perfect all the time, and I’ve proven to myself each time that the worry and stress that I generate from this “need” only makes me even more unhappy. So I made a list of:
8 Things to Let Go of…at Any Moon Phase.
1. Being Perfectly Perfect. Yeah, that doesn’t exist. I’ve been the victim of my own perfectionistic expectations and I’ve got to say…it doesn’t feel good. For example, I wanted to write last night about the Blood Moon when the Blood Moon was happening, I felt like I needed to…needed to have a perfect blog with aligning it with the perfect moon phase and yada yada yada. But life happens and you get tired. And that’s okay. So sleep when you need to and let the worries of perfection drift away.
2. Self Limiting Beliefs. All the time you spend not believing in yourself and making up excuses as to why you “can’t” do something…is time spent that you could be spending on whatever it is you wanted to do in the first place. No more excuses…do it! It may take time and effort (and money)…but NOTHING is impossible, except a genie in a bottle granting you a wish for having a particular person fall in love with you…Haha.
3. The What Ifs. This is a death sentence thought process. Do not let the what ifs get in your head. You can’t possibly be missing anything because RIGHT NOW is only RIGHT NOW. The whole “what would life be like right now if I would have, could have, should have?” nonsense is null. You are exactly where you need to be right now…and if you aren’t happy with the situation you are in right now…GET OUT.
4. Clutter City. Get rid of it. Get rid of the junk in your house. Get rid of the junk thoughts in your head. Make your very own oasis at your house…and get rid of the junk you don’t use and don’t need. Go room by room and do a make over. You’ll feel better once you do it. Strange as it may be…having a clutter free house really does brighten up your mood.
5. Guilt. Stop feeling guilty. Don’t feel guilty if the dishes need to be done but you didn’t have time to do them. They will get done. Don’t feel guilty because you wanted a candy bar and didn’t want to share with your kids…you deserve candy too. And if something happened…it happened. You can’t change the past so move on. Stop worrying or feeling guilty…learn from it and move on.
6. Anger and Resentment. Can I get an amen? Let go of anger…it leads to resentment and NOONE wants to habor that feeling…whether you are the one doing the resenting or receiving it. Look again at what you are angry about and ask yourself….”but did I die?” And if the answer is no…learn to change it or accept it. Don’t be angry about it. Change it or change your thoughts.
7. The Three C’s: Comparison, Competition, and Consent. What you need to work on is yourself and what makes yourself happy. Don’t you dare compare yourself to anyone else…give yourself credit for being who you are…accentuate your best you! Stop competing…And whatever you do…don’t try to keep up with the Joneses…it’s just tacky. Lastly, don’t give ANYONE the consent to make yourself feel less worthy. No one should be given that power…because you are worth it!
8. Judgement. Instictually we want to judge…in fact we do it even when we aren’t realizing it…Literally within a few seconds of meeting someone we are already judging them and ourselves…even comparing ourselves to them. That instinct may not really ever go away, but when you find yourself judging or comparing stop for a second and find compassion and understanding. You can only vouch for yourself…and what does it matter if someone else does things differently than you? It doesn’t matter. What matters is how you spend your time and thoughts.
If I ever question anything…my last question is always “But did you die?” And if the answer is no…then I learn to accept it or change it. Period. The end. Amen.
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. You can do any of these at any moon phase…there is no special moon phase for creating space for happiness and moonlight into your life. If you want to make “letting go” special for a particular thing…then plan for a “release party” at the full moon…and let it go then!!
This girl…is amazing! She pulled her own tooth…all by herself! She couldn’t believe it popped right out! Hahahahaha! She said now she looks like a six year old…she’s still only five! Slow down youngin! She’s so excited she did it herself! And she keeps saying she looks so different! Hahahaha
Only Uma Kathryn would pull her own first tooth!
Highlights from today! Cleaned my back porch screens…took a pic with my new light…and currently sitting on my back porch with my mom…drinking Cigar City Maduro…listening to Doris Day. And it feels like fall! 75 degrees I love you!
HAPPY AUTUMNAL EQUINOX!
Love & Moonlight,
P.s. Tomorrow I’ll be posting about making that indoor plant sanctuary!!! 🙂