This one is a BIG one. So many emotions. Yesterday was the big eclipse and unfortunately the clouds, here in Savannah, hid it from view. Nonetheless I stood outside like everyone else hoping to catch a small glimpse…but instead just got drizzled on. Still pretty cool to be outside while it was happening. Later on in the day there was a magical sunset…so that made up for it…
Here is to new beginnings… and big ones at that… being that Virgo is my sun sign I thought it was pretty cool that the eclipse happened in Virgo, although some may even say Leo.
For me I’m going with Virgo… and making my new Moon intentions pure. The purify my life and body… at the end of last week I decided to give vegetarianism a go AGAIN with working myself to veganism. I’m still eating dairy and eggs until I can wean that off to… I tried once before and tried to go straight vegan cold turkey…. and that DID NOT work… ironic. My belly bloated uncomfortably…. and it was a bit shocked. So this time I’m going in more mindfully… with probiotics on board… making smaller changes to clean my gut… plant based diet I’m coming after yooooou! I’m also taking vitamins for my skin, hair, and nails… just honoring and taking care of the vessel I was given… I’m also building my stones and crystals collection with my youngest daughter Uma. So that’s fun! Just trying to live more mindfully!
But anyways:.. I’m in a van on the way to Vidalia to see patients… and I’m beginning to ramble…
Thursday I’m headed to Florida with Uma for a much needed relaxation… going to spend quality time with her and my younger sister Meghan…
Time to take a nap…
Love & Moonlight,
Ps. Image from Mystic Mamma
PSS. Take this time to purify your life… let go of the past… move forward… purify… simplify… channel your inner Virgo
Libra. The Scales. The balancing act it requires to be a mom…a wife…a sister…an aunt…a friend…a daughter…and an ECHO tech…all the while maintaining my own sanity TO BE true to myself is A LOT. I’m only one person and I have to find a way to balance all that….ha. I should actually win an award. I could easily be a hermit and stick to myself…but I chose to be present in everyone’s life that I encounter. Some days I get tired and grumpy…but given the fact that I’m always balancing the peace, or at least trying, I think I’m doing pretty good and if I get moody…it’s me, not you. I take on too much sometimes…but then I scale back. I get lazy…then crazy…I manage. It’s life…you balance.
Love & Moonlight,
Ps. I am the original Gangster mom…sometimes you just have to be yourself. Wild, Crazy, and Free.
Lotus Flow inspired. Everyday I find a new stretch..breathing deeper into each move. I find myself growing. Flowing. I am truly on the right path.
Love & Moonlight,
For this Autumnal Equinox build yourself a plant sanctuary in and around your home. This can be an ongoing and steady project…one that I have been working on for a while now…I find most of my plants at grocery stores and places like Home Depot. You can find some fairly cheap plants anywhere and they really do brighten up your life. I’m becoming obsessed with turning my home into a garden…and every corner I find joy in decorating with plants and adding charms and things around them. Take a look at what I have so far…and get inspired to make this your Autumn project!
Details. Add charms around your little plant sanctuaries…like tiny trees (these trees were made by my mom), bunnies, and butterflies.
Add iron wall decor that has plant elements to them for an extra dynamic to your plant sanctuary inside.
Use a side table to sit your plants on in front of a window…and put your plants in pots inside of pots to catch the water instead of a water plate. (I typically water my plants on Sunday…some I stretch out water times like cactus…read the care for each plant).
Make tiny little altars in your home surrounded by plants.
Bring light into your home. OPEN your windows!
The mantel isn’t completely done…but I’m working on it! I’m trying to add earthy elements like potted plants, tree branch candle holders, a wooden flower piece, and my favorite dragonfly picture from Katie. This one I’m still working on! (well the whole house really!)
Use store bought flowers to make inexpensive arrangements in your home. (These were left over from my little sisters second reception.)
Make little corners interesting with plants and if you can find one, get an earthy light fixture! I found this one at Home Decorators online.
Decorate your pots with charms like this sun!
Use old vintage decor to frame your plants. These were old relics from my childhood in Germany…they were made in the USSR.
Add bits of fun to your outside porches. Keep in mind that when it gets cold you’ll have to protect your plants!
Decorate your pots with stones that circle the plant.
And at the end of the day…light some candles and build you a stately castle.
Love & Moonlight,
Last night was the FULL MOON, BLOOD MOON, HARVEST MOON, SUPER MOON…and I didn’t even try to look for it…well I did right before I went to bed, but it was way before the Eclipse and the clouds were out. But after a weekend full of events…I was just tired to wait up.
I got to thinking last night…I seem to have this need to be perfect all the time, and I’ve proven to myself each time that the worry and stress that I generate from this “need” only makes me even more unhappy. So I made a list of:
8 Things to Let Go of…at Any Moon Phase.
1. Being Perfectly Perfect. Yeah, that doesn’t exist. I’ve been the victim of my own perfectionistic expectations and I’ve got to say…it doesn’t feel good. For example, I wanted to write last night about the Blood Moon when the Blood Moon was happening, I felt like I needed to…needed to have a perfect blog with aligning it with the perfect moon phase and yada yada yada. But life happens and you get tired. And that’s okay. So sleep when you need to and let the worries of perfection drift away.
2. Self Limiting Beliefs. All the time you spend not believing in yourself and making up excuses as to why you “can’t” do something…is time spent that you could be spending on whatever it is you wanted to do in the first place. No more excuses…do it! It may take time and effort (and money)…but NOTHING is impossible, except a genie in a bottle granting you a wish for having a particular person fall in love with you…Haha.
3. The What Ifs. This is a death sentence thought process. Do not let the what ifs get in your head. You can’t possibly be missing anything because RIGHT NOW is only RIGHT NOW. The whole “what would life be like right now if I would have, could have, should have?” nonsense is null. You are exactly where you need to be right now…and if you aren’t happy with the situation you are in right now…GET OUT.
4. Clutter City. Get rid of it. Get rid of the junk in your house. Get rid of the junk thoughts in your head. Make your very own oasis at your house…and get rid of the junk you don’t use and don’t need. Go room by room and do a make over. You’ll feel better once you do it. Strange as it may be…having a clutter free house really does brighten up your mood.
5. Guilt. Stop feeling guilty. Don’t feel guilty if the dishes need to be done but you didn’t have time to do them. They will get done. Don’t feel guilty because you wanted a candy bar and didn’t want to share with your kids…you deserve candy too. And if something happened…it happened. You can’t change the past so move on. Stop worrying or feeling guilty…learn from it and move on.
6. Anger and Resentment. Can I get an amen? Let go of anger…it leads to resentment and NOONE wants to habor that feeling…whether you are the one doing the resenting or receiving it. Look again at what you are angry about and ask yourself….”but did I die?” And if the answer is no…learn to change it or accept it. Don’t be angry about it. Change it or change your thoughts.
7. The Three C’s: Comparison, Competition, and Consent. What you need to work on is yourself and what makes yourself happy. Don’t you dare compare yourself to anyone else…give yourself credit for being who you are…accentuate your best you! Stop competing…And whatever you do…don’t try to keep up with the Joneses…it’s just tacky. Lastly, don’t give ANYONE the consent to make yourself feel less worthy. No one should be given that power…because you are worth it!
8. Judgement. Instictually we want to judge…in fact we do it even when we aren’t realizing it…Literally within a few seconds of meeting someone we are already judging them and ourselves…even comparing ourselves to them. That instinct may not really ever go away, but when you find yourself judging or comparing stop for a second and find compassion and understanding. You can only vouch for yourself…and what does it matter if someone else does things differently than you? It doesn’t matter. What matters is how you spend your time and thoughts.
If I ever question anything…my last question is always “But did you die?” And if the answer is no…then I learn to accept it or change it. Period. The end. Amen.
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. You can do any of these at any moon phase…there is no special moon phase for creating space for happiness and moonlight into your life. If you want to make “letting go” special for a particular thing…then plan for a “release party” at the full moon…and let it go then!!
Highlights from today! Cleaned my back porch screens…took a pic with my new light…and currently sitting on my back porch with my mom…drinking Cigar City Maduro…listening to Doris Day. And it feels like fall! 75 degrees I love you!
HAPPY AUTUMNAL EQUINOX!
Love & Moonlight,
P.s. Tomorrow I’ll be posting about making that indoor plant sanctuary!!! 🙂