Summer Solstice Summer Body Perfume Splash Recipe 2016!
This time of year…man, is my favorite. Living in southern Georgia can be VERY hot…but once you’ve lived here for a while…it just becomes a part of you. The heat…the sun…summer nights…fans…bugs…and the water life. It just is. I wouldn’t have it any other way…
For this summer I’ve decided to create a Summer Body Perfume Splash recipe that is based around Valerie Ann Worwood’s basic base splash recipe from The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Her basic base recipe is as follow:
- 2 teaspoons of High Proof Vodka
- 4 ounces of White Wine or Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups of Spring Water
- 27-31 drops of your desired essential oils
“First blend the essential oils together. Add them to the vodka and shake well for as long as you can. Leave them all to settle, then add the vinegar. Pour the whole mixture into 2 cups of spring water and again, shake well. Finally, pass the liquid through a paper coffee filter. The longer you leave the essential oils in the vodka and vinegar mix before adding the water, the stronger the scent will be.”
Which finally brings me to my personal blend for you! Combined with the above I decided to use the following essential oils for the Summer Body Splash 2016 blend:
- Grapefruit for joyfulness. 5 drops.
- Lemongrass for the inspiring soul. 5 drops.
- Sweet Orange for a brightening smile. 5 drops.
- Lemon for renewing this Summer Solstice. 5 drops.
- Patchouli for sensuality and a summer of love. 5 drops.
Blend like above and spray on like perfume!
Love & Moonlight,