A NEW MOON is coming up on July 16th, 2015…
For the next Moon cycle we are going to focus on developing and writing a PERSONAL MANIFESTO…below you will find a description of a personal manifesto, along with, a supplies list and some prompt/warm up questions.
What is a PERSONAL MANIFESTO?
A personal manifesto is a written declaration of who you are, what you are all about, and who you want to be. It is a declaration to yourself and to the world…it is a promise to yourself to live the life YOU WANT.
In preparation for writing one I’ve come up with a list of supplies and some prompt/warm up questions to get you to start thinking. Start to answer the questions before the next new moon…don’t worry too much about grammar at this point….just answer the questions from your gut…as the moon is waning, try to cultivate a reflective state of mind. When the new moon gets here we are going to write our first draft of our personal manifesto. Keep in mind it will be a first draft…a personal manifesto is going to be rewritten, revised, and tweaked several times before you feel it just perfect.
Supplies List For your Personal Manifesto:
JOURNAL and a pen
Computer, if you prefer typing instead of writing.
And a candle if you want to set the mood!
Prompt/Warm Up Questions:
1. Imagine yourself and describe what you see. Really evaluate yourself…the good, the bad…the things you want to work on. Write this as long or as short as you want. Write it in paragraph format…but don’t get too caught up on grammar at this point. Just let it all out.
2. As you are still imagining yourself list the top 5 things that you absolutely LOVE about yourself. It can be one word…a sentence…or a couple of sentences for each one. If you have more than 5 or less than 5…that is okay too. 5 is a suggestion.
3. With the same frame of mind list 5 things you want to improve on in your life: The things you don’t like as much but want to change. Use the same format as question #2…but then add next to each item a suggestion on how to change it. Then think about how those things have positively shaped part of you.
4. List your top 5 heroes. They can be real people or fictitious characters. Beside each hero describe their personality and the things you like about them.
5. List the qualities that you have that are the same as your top 5 heroes. And then list the qualities you want to cultivate. The qualities can be from ANYTHING or ANYONE. List your ideas of good qualities in a person.
6. Describe the person you want to be RIGHT NOW. Right now in this moment…who do you want to be? Write it down.
7. Describe and write down how you want to be remembered. If you are a parent, a friend, a daughter, a son, a grandparent, a sister, a brother….how do you want your family and friends to describe you? Write it down.
8. List all the things you are waiting for. Are these things that you feel you need to have happen before you can “be happy”? If so, why? Write down what you think is holding you back. Now think about how that makes you feel. We are going to turn that around!
9. List any doubts you may have. Next to each describe why you have that doubt. Then next to that…write down what you could do about that doubt to make it go away.
10. Write the following quote by Pippi Longstocking TEN TIMES:
“I am the sea…and nobody owns me.”
Take the next 4 nights to answer these prompt/warm up questions…then on the 5th night, when the moon is new, we will begin writing the first draft of our personal manifesto!
Love & Moon Light,