Feeling…quiet these days…healing.
Love & Moonlight,
With some of my kindred spirits…
Also moon in Taurus…revel in your natural habitat…
Last night was the FULL MOON, BLOOD MOON, HARVEST MOON, SUPER MOON…and I didn’t even try to look for it…well I did right before I went to bed, but it was way before the Eclipse and the clouds were out. But after a weekend full of events…I was just tired to wait up.
I got to thinking last night…I seem to have this need to be perfect all the time, and I’ve proven to myself each time that the worry and stress that I generate from this “need” only makes me even more unhappy. So I made a list of:
8 Things to Let Go of…at Any Moon Phase.
1. Being Perfectly Perfect. Yeah, that doesn’t exist. I’ve been the victim of my own perfectionistic expectations and I’ve got to say…it doesn’t feel good. For example, I wanted to write last night about the Blood Moon when the Blood Moon was happening, I felt like I needed to…needed to have a perfect blog with aligning it with the perfect moon phase and yada yada yada. But life happens and you get tired. And that’s okay. So sleep when you need to and let the worries of perfection drift away.
2. Self Limiting Beliefs. All the time you spend not believing in yourself and making up excuses as to why you “can’t” do something…is time spent that you could be spending on whatever it is you wanted to do in the first place. No more excuses…do it! It may take time and effort (and money)…but NOTHING is impossible, except a genie in a bottle granting you a wish for having a particular person fall in love with you…Haha.
3. The What Ifs. This is a death sentence thought process. Do not let the what ifs get in your head. You can’t possibly be missing anything because RIGHT NOW is only RIGHT NOW. The whole “what would life be like right now if I would have, could have, should have?” nonsense is null. You are exactly where you need to be right now…and if you aren’t happy with the situation you are in right now…GET OUT.
4. Clutter City. Get rid of it. Get rid of the junk in your house. Get rid of the junk thoughts in your head. Make your very own oasis at your house…and get rid of the junk you don’t use and don’t need. Go room by room and do a make over. You’ll feel better once you do it. Strange as it may be…having a clutter free house really does brighten up your mood.
5. Guilt. Stop feeling guilty. Don’t feel guilty if the dishes need to be done but you didn’t have time to do them. They will get done. Don’t feel guilty because you wanted a candy bar and didn’t want to share with your kids…you deserve candy too. And if something happened…it happened. You can’t change the past so move on. Stop worrying or feeling guilty…learn from it and move on.
6. Anger and Resentment. Can I get an amen? Let go of anger…it leads to resentment and NOONE wants to habor that feeling…whether you are the one doing the resenting or receiving it. Look again at what you are angry about and ask yourself….”but did I die?” And if the answer is no…learn to change it or accept it. Don’t be angry about it. Change it or change your thoughts.
7. The Three C’s: Comparison, Competition, and Consent. What you need to work on is yourself and what makes yourself happy. Don’t you dare compare yourself to anyone else…give yourself credit for being who you are…accentuate your best you! Stop competing…And whatever you do…don’t try to keep up with the Joneses…it’s just tacky. Lastly, don’t give ANYONE the consent to make yourself feel less worthy. No one should be given that power…because you are worth it!
8. Judgement. Instictually we want to judge…in fact we do it even when we aren’t realizing it…Literally within a few seconds of meeting someone we are already judging them and ourselves…even comparing ourselves to them. That instinct may not really ever go away, but when you find yourself judging or comparing stop for a second and find compassion and understanding. You can only vouch for yourself…and what does it matter if someone else does things differently than you? It doesn’t matter. What matters is how you spend your time and thoughts.
If I ever question anything…my last question is always “But did you die?” And if the answer is no…then I learn to accept it or change it. Period. The end. Amen.
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. You can do any of these at any moon phase…there is no special moon phase for creating space for happiness and moonlight into your life. If you want to make “letting go” special for a particular thing…then plan for a “release party” at the full moon…and let it go then!!
Finally…the September 2015 Moon Calendar. Above is just a snap shot of the first page…in the PDF file you’ll get 21 pages to work with. It’ll have a calendar, description of what to do with the four main moon phases, a thematic overview of which zodiac sign the moon is in at the time with some things to think about, and spaces for you to write something down for each day with special attention to the New Moon Goal/New Moon Mindset and Full moon. To preview the file click the link below!!! You can then decide if you want to download it or print it!
SEPTEMBER 2015 Moon Calendar | The Walden Moon
I hope you like it…sorry I didn’t get it done before September 1st….BUT I did get it to you BEFORE the next NEW MOON coming up Sunday the 13th!!!! So you can plan out your New Moon Goal or New Moon Mindset and write it down!
Love and Moonlight,
It’s a SUPER MOON tonight and it happens to be the Blueberry Full Moon in Pisces!
This FULL MOON is in PISCES. Pisces, the fishes, are the imaginaries. The mystic, the dreamer, the artist…this is a time to be creative and let your new moon goal COME TO LIFE! It is also called the Sturgeon or blueberry moon for this month. For you animal lovers, this could be a good time to honor the fish, especially since it is the sturgeon full moon and the moon is in Pisces. Go SWIMMING! And eat some blueberries as they are in season now! BAKE a pie or torte!
Because it is a SUPER MOON…the moon will appear really big as it is closer to the Earth in it’s orbit! As you should know…the next two full moons will be super moons!
THINGS COME IN THREES!
If you are into rituals and good energy…tonight is a good night to send some good vibes!
Tomorrow is my birthday…I’ll write some more goods then! For tonight…feel the LOVE!
Love & Moonlight,
Okay okay…It’s pretty clear I’m not a food stylist! haha. Check out my blueberry torte…and its whipped cream moon! hahaha uh…
Besides that my version is ugly… I’ll have you know, that this recipe is actually pretty tasty!
Blueberry Torte from Mom via Barbara Fallin (Family great aunt)
1 1/2 pack graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 TBSP milk
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup of chopped pecans
big tub of cool whip
can of blueberry pie filling
Look at this pic…I’m being lazy!
Just so you know…this was a childhood dessert my mom used to make ALL THE TIME! That and a “Melt in Your Mouth”…I’ll have to share that some other time!
HAPPY FULL MOON!!!
Love & Moonlight,
The Blueberry Full Moon is coming up this Saturday August 29th, 2015…and it happens to be a SUPER MOON! A Super moon typically happens 4-6 times per year and it’s when the moon is really close to the Earth. So this full moon should be a BIG ONE! Crossing my fingers that the night sky is clear!
In preparation for this months Blueberry full moon…here is a second recipe! Blueberry Frozen Yogurt inspired by THIS RECIPE!
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
1 small package of fresh blueberries (washed and then frozen over night)
Yogurt (eye ball it for smooth blending…can be plain or flavored…we tried vanilla)
Honey or Agave Nectar (a squeeze or two for sweetness)
Lemon juice (a squeeze for balance)
Blend it! haha.
Side note….I roughly went along with the recipe linked above. This was my version. I added some splashes of milk to get the blueberries to blend easily…but it turns out that if you don’t eat it right away then the yogurt gets kind of foamy…I think the milk did that. Also, if you don’t like textured food (bits of fruit) then you probably won’t like this recipe because it has a lot of blueberry bits. My oldest daughter wasn’t a fan of all the blueberries. Next time I’ll plan on using less blueberries and more yogurt per my girls request…and NO milk. Just yogurt, blueberries, agave, and a splash of lemon!
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. I have ONE more recipe from my mom that I’ll share ON the Blueberry Full Moon morning! (August 29th!!!)