The question… So, What Now? What are you going to do for the rest of your life?
Releasing old things. Patterns. Behaviors. Removing cords that were tied to things not meant to last in this lifetime. Dodging bullets & Moving forward. Sign of the Times.
Full Moon in Cancer… sloughing off the old shell, vulnerable briefly, but setting healthy boundaries and forming a new shell to grow into. Making my world filled with things I love and love me back.
No turning back.
Last night was the FULL MOON, BLOOD MOON, HARVEST MOON, SUPER MOON…and I didn’t even try to look for it…well I did right before I went to bed, but it was way before the Eclipse and the clouds were out. But after a weekend full of events…I was just tired to wait up.
I got to thinking last night…I seem to have this need to be perfect all the time, and I’ve proven to myself each time that the worry and stress that I generate from this “need” only makes me even more unhappy. So I made a list of:
8 Things to Let Go of…at Any Moon Phase.
1. Being Perfectly Perfect. Yeah, that doesn’t exist. I’ve been the victim of my own perfectionistic expectations and I’ve got to say…it doesn’t feel good. For example, I wanted to write last night about the Blood Moon when the Blood Moon was happening, I felt like I needed to…needed to have a perfect blog with aligning it with the perfect moon phase and yada yada yada. But life happens and you get tired. And that’s okay. So sleep when you need to and let the worries of perfection drift away.
2. Self Limiting Beliefs. All the time you spend not believing in yourself and making up excuses as to why you “can’t” do something…is time spent that you could be spending on whatever it is you wanted to do in the first place. No more excuses…do it! It may take time and effort (and money)…but NOTHING is impossible, except a genie in a bottle granting you a wish for having a particular person fall in love with you…Haha.
3. The What Ifs. This is a death sentence thought process. Do not let the what ifs get in your head. You can’t possibly be missing anything because RIGHT NOW is only RIGHT NOW. The whole “what would life be like right now if I would have, could have, should have?” nonsense is null. You are exactly where you need to be right now…and if you aren’t happy with the situation you are in right now…GET OUT.
4. Clutter City. Get rid of it. Get rid of the junk in your house. Get rid of the junk thoughts in your head. Make your very own oasis at your house…and get rid of the junk you don’t use and don’t need. Go room by room and do a make over. You’ll feel better once you do it. Strange as it may be…having a clutter free house really does brighten up your mood.
5. Guilt. Stop feeling guilty. Don’t feel guilty if the dishes need to be done but you didn’t have time to do them. They will get done. Don’t feel guilty because you wanted a candy bar and didn’t want to share with your kids…you deserve candy too. And if something happened…it happened. You can’t change the past so move on. Stop worrying or feeling guilty…learn from it and move on.
6. Anger and Resentment. Can I get an amen? Let go of anger…it leads to resentment and NOONE wants to habor that feeling…whether you are the one doing the resenting or receiving it. Look again at what you are angry about and ask yourself….”but did I die?” And if the answer is no…learn to change it or accept it. Don’t be angry about it. Change it or change your thoughts.
7. The Three C’s: Comparison, Competition, and Consent. What you need to work on is yourself and what makes yourself happy. Don’t you dare compare yourself to anyone else…give yourself credit for being who you are…accentuate your best you! Stop competing…And whatever you do…don’t try to keep up with the Joneses…it’s just tacky. Lastly, don’t give ANYONE the consent to make yourself feel less worthy. No one should be given that power…because you are worth it!
8. Judgement. Instictually we want to judge…in fact we do it even when we aren’t realizing it…Literally within a few seconds of meeting someone we are already judging them and ourselves…even comparing ourselves to them. That instinct may not really ever go away, but when you find yourself judging or comparing stop for a second and find compassion and understanding. You can only vouch for yourself…and what does it matter if someone else does things differently than you? It doesn’t matter. What matters is how you spend your time and thoughts.
If I ever question anything…my last question is always “But did you die?” And if the answer is no…then I learn to accept it or change it. Period. The end. Amen.
Love & Moonlight,
P.S. You can do any of these at any moon phase…there is no special moon phase for creating space for happiness and moonlight into your life. If you want to make “letting go” special for a particular thing…then plan for a “release party” at the full moon…and let it go then!!
Last Quarter Moon in Aries Tonight…
Ah…the last stage of working with the four major moon phases. This is the time to really sit down and reflect. Really think about how far you’ve come…or how much more time it will take to accomplish the goal you set at a new moon. This is another (second) half moon and half point.
If you planned to complete your goal in one complete moon cycle…meaning…you set the goal at the new moon, checked in at the first quarter, accomplished by the full moon…then now is the time to be thankful that you did it. Be grateful. Say HELL YEAH!
If you are still working on your goal (for example you wanted to complete something in three full moons) then now is a time to check back in with yourself. Reflect on your progress and think about the next step. At the new moon your can set the next step during that phase to get it done.
Most importantly this is a time to reflect. Look inward. Be thankful for the things that have come into your life and what is now leaving your life. Think about what you want to accomplish…WRITE IT ALLLLL DOWN. Working with the moon is great when it is accompanied with a journal! You’ll start to see patterns and it’s also a stress reliever!
Now to the nitty gritty…the Moon is in Aries tonight…so you may feel a bit gung-ho and revved up! Aries is a VERY assertive and sometimes aggressive sign…The RAM…a fire sign…a VERY “I AM” sign…COURAGE comes to mind…listen to that intense intuition…act on it…DO IT! (With carefulness not to get too hasty and careless). If you feel the need to clean out the fridge DO IT…and then be thankful that you did…because after all YOU WANTED TO DO IT. Don’t take yourself for granted…and think about all the good things that have come into your life by PAYING ATTENTION to your own needs and wants…
If you are working through some problems…ACKNOWLEDGE them…ACCEPT them for what they are…and then LET THAT FEELING GO! Ask yourself…is this helping me? If it isn’t…and there is nothing that can be done…accept it for what it is AND THEN LET GO AND LET GOD…it may not make the feeling go over night…but it’s the first step in moving on…two good tips for letting something go and making a promise to yourself to move on…
ONE: Write it allllllll out on a piece of paper…every bit of it…DO NOT DOWNPLAY YOURSELF OR BLAME YOURSELF…shit happens. Learn from it. When you’ve written it all down and you are ready to let it go…BURN IT! (Safely) BURN IT…Especially TONIGHT! I mean….the Moon is in Aries tonight…and Aries is a FIRE SIGN. Burn it and imagine it disintegrating…you don’t need it…LET GO AND LET GOD.
TWO: Or…write that bad feeling or thought on a rock and THROW IT INTO A LAKE OR THE SEA OR POND OR ANY BODY OF WATER….let it sink to the bottom…because you DON’T need it anymore…LET GO AND LET GOD.
To round off the night…if you are just happy…BE HAPPY…
Remember the Law of Attraction…if you think happy…you get happy…
AND for your personal pleasure…a GREAT Message from Shia LaBeouf!